Saturday, November 15, 2014

Addie Lou- 6 months

This little girl has stolen our hearts.  She is quick to smile and laugh.  Adeline is happiest when she is being held by mom or dad, watching Teagan and Eloise jump or dance around the living room.

Adeline loves food.  Somedays I feel like I spend most of my time in the kitchen spoon feeding her or preparing meals for the rest of us.

She sits in the bumbo and if I don't give her a bite quick enough she starts grabbing at anything nearby.  She grabbed a colander full of grapes the other day and dumped them out.  Eloise was laughing so hard she couldn't stand.  

Adeline loves to snuggle, she will lay her head on my shoulder for a long time, I love it!

A couple months ago I was canning and she had been sleeping for about 20 minutes and she woke up screaming.  I was up to my elbows in beet juice and needed about 5-10 minutes to finish.  I kept working for a minute, but she was so hysterical I thought something must be wrong.  I had the thought, "babies are always staring and smiling at the ceiling, there must be Angels talking to them.  I just need 5 minutes, Angels, just entertain her for a few minutes for me."  Immediately after I had that thought, Adeline went from screaming to cooing and babbling.  I hurried and finished and then went to get her.  She was lying in her crib, staring at the ceiling with a big smile and was babbling to someone that I couldn't see. I was so amazed.  It was a testimony to me that angles are around us.  I wondered who it was.  Maybe a passed relative or future sibling.  It makes me realize how special and perfect little Adeline is, that she can see what the rest can't.  Too bad she can't talk and give me advice.

 She is the sweetest, squid heist little girl and we love her so much!

No comments: