Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Price is Right!

So the most exciting thing happened yesterday, we went to the Price is Right! 22 people from Zac's class all went together, we even had matching blue t-shirts for the "blue class." It was so fun to be a "college student" again. There was so much energy and the group was really fun. All the people there were crazy, each trying to show how fun they'd be up on stage so it was entertaining. People were singing, dancing, being obnoxious and more!
We waited in line for about 2 hours. For the last part we did get to watch old Price is Right shows and get a little practice. I think the most shocking part once we were inside was the size of the studio. It was tiny! They make it look like the stage is huge and the audience has a thousand people on TV, but it was really small, it's amazing what they can do with cameras!
I'd LOVE to tell you about the events of the actual show and who got on and everything, but I have to wait until it airs on April 8th. We were right in the middle so our group got lots of camera time and I'm excited to watch it on TV.

Teagan did terrible at the babysitters house. After 4 accidents in a row and him screaming and sobbing in sadness I had her put him in a pull up. There were a couple times that I called where he was screaming in the background, it was really sad and hard that I couldn't do much about it and she had no idea why he kept crying. We were 2 hours away and they take your phone away for like 4 hours so I was a little stressed. At 6:30 when we got out we called and Teagan had been crying and sobbing for about an hour and she'd tried everything to comfort him. After we hung up we said a prayer in our car that the spirit could comfort him. I called back a few minutes later and he had stopped. He didn't have any more outbursts for the rest of the night. I wish we had thought to pray at 9 in the morning when he had had his first crying spell. I am so grateful for the power of prayer! Poor poor babysitter, we had to give her one heck of a tip!

Back at home life is feeling a little mundane, but I'm sure I'll find my grove again and my voice. You can't go to game shows every day. :) On to dishes, cooking, laundry, ironing, play groups, poopy underwear, tutoring and "pwaying games" with Teagan. :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

This sounds so fun! I can't wait to see the show! And poor Teagan, and the poor babysitter! I really want to go to the Price is Right

Angie said...

Glad you had so much fun! It's tough completely enjoying yourself when your baby isn't happy...but what a cool experience!!!!